10 Tips for a Safe and Fun-filled Halloween
1. Make a plan. Plan costumes, dinner, route etc. in advance.
2. Stick to well-lit areas that you are familiar with. Know which houses to skip.
3. Wear or carry at least one reflective item: carry a flashlight.
4. Put your business card or contact info in child’s pockets. (You may want to pin it in.)
5. Write your cell phone number on child’s arm with permanent marker. It will wash off- in a few days.
6. Teach your child how to identify a Mom with children, whom they can ask for help.
7. Make sure kid’s costumes, mask, shoes etc. are comfortable, trip proof, and does not obscure vision.
8. Have the kids say “Trick or Treat” and “Thank You” at every house.
9. Examine all treats before allowing them to eaten.
10. Don’t overdo it: make sure child is well rested and try to avoid fatigue.