Pros and Cons of Domestic Adoption
If you’re considering a Domestic Adoption, here are a few things to think about.
- Adoptive families can adopt an infant
- Background information on the child’s birth parents that may include social, educational and health history
- You are updated regularly on the health of the Birth Mother and baby, throughout the pregnancy
- Varying degrees of openness, it may be possible to maintain contact with Birth Family
- May be less expensive than an Intl adoption
- Less paperwork than an International Adoption.
- No international travel.
- The Birth Mother can choose to parent the new baby, versus going through with the adoption process
- Adoption laws vary by state
- Wait time to get matched is estimated.
- There may be a lack of medical history
- If the Birthfather is “unknown: termination of parental rights must be done in his absence.
For more information about Domestic Adoption, join us at one of our FREE weekly Webinars: Everything you Wanted to Know about Domestic Adoption.
For dates and times see: http://ww3.beaconhouseadoption.com/public_html/calendar.html