Keys to a Successful Adoption: UNDERSTANDING
One of the keys to a successful adoption is that you have a good working understanding of how adoption works.
Beginning the adoption process is not a decision to be entered into lightly. It requires time and a thorough understanding of the adoption process. At BHAS we work with you to make sure that all of your questions about adoption are answered. We want to make sure that you:
- Have a clear understanding of the adoption process.
- Understand how adoption may impact your relationship with family and friends.
- Considered your motives for choosing adoption and how that may have impacted your choice for ages, gender, ethnicity, and physical condition of your desired child.
- Understand and are prepared for the risk involved.
- Understand the financial cost of an adoption.
In addition, adoptive parents need a working understanding of how the complexities of attachment, grief and loss, identity, and heritage, may impact their family. Understanding these complex issues and the adoption process will help your adoption be a success.