Nine easy steps to adoption
Follow these nine easy steps to build your family through adoption.
- Research the type adoption you are planning. A prospective adoptive family will acquire information from the agencies they are considering and make a decision on which will work best for them.
- Choose an agency and submit the application. Once you have decided that Beacon House is the right program for you, it is necessary to submit an application for adoption services.
- Execute your agency contract. Once we receive your executed contract, you are ready to begin your adoption process.
- Obtain a home study. The Adoption Homestudy is a detailed written report about your family compiled, and prepared by a social worker. It requires the prospective adoptive family to gather different documents, answer questions, and explore reasons for adoption.
- Begin gathering required documents.
- Create and Submit your Profile Book. The domestic staff will assist the family in making a profile to be presented to potential birth mothers for consideration.
- Complete your Pre-Adoption Education. Families complete 15 hours of pre-adoption education in order to prepare for the arrival of their child.
- Wait for a match with Birthmother. Most families are matched within 3-18 months.
- Once the baby is born, accept placement of the child after the birthmother has signed her Execution of Consent. At Beacon House we make all the arrangements for you.