Fall Family Traditions
Fall family traditions start with road trips and apple orchards. We drive to the mountains, pick apples, and pick out a pumpkin for Halloween. We find our way out of a corn maze, ride in a wagon, and jump in haystacks. One of the perks of the “Great Apple Adventure” is that we spend the day in the great outdoors. There is a slight chill in the air, with clear blue skies and abundant sunshine.
Electronics are kept to minimum. It’s something my kids look forward to every year even though they’re in high school now. The day is spent unplugged, re-energizing, and spending quality family time.
Fun ideas for fall:
- Rack leaf piles- jump in!
- Visit a pumpkin patch or apple orchard.
- Make a Halloween costume.
- Decorate a Trick or treat bag.
- Make candy apples
- Build a bonfire-make s’mores.
- Drink hot chocolate.
- Make pumpkin cookies
- Carve a pumpkin, roast the seeds.
- Pull out the board games
- Take a hike, pack a picnic.
- Make Thanksgiving arts and crafts.