Read to Me
Babies and children benefit from being read to. Children’s books come in all shapes and sizes. Grab a book, snuggle up on the sofa and reap the many benefits of reading to your child. These include:
- Babies learn to make a connection between a word and its meaning which is vital to language development.
- Reading to babies expands vocabulary and improves memory
- Reading to a child provides a foundation to pre-reading skills
- Books help to develop the preschooler’s attention span.
- Children learn communication skills: how to speak, listen, and to read.
- Books also help to develop thinking and the imagination.
- Facilitates bonding and attachment.
- Helps learn and identify emotions.