Babies First Thanksgiving
Between age four to six months, babies are ready to eat solid foods. Once your baby can sit with support and has lost her extrusion reflex: the one that causes her to push out her tongue, then she can take food from a spoon. She’ll probably start showing interest in other people’s food, making chewing and will open her mouth for a spoon.
- The best time to try is when your child has just woken up from a nap and is well rested.
- Spit happens- remember bibs are for spit up.
- Because every child is different,always check with your child’s pediatrician before introducing new foods.
- Give your baby your undivided attention during mealtime.
- Use a rubber tipped spoon, or hand feed.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment, use herbs and spices
- Babies are fickle; they may like it today, but not tomorrow.
- Watch for cues that he is full.
- Stick to single, first foods.