Are You Ready to Adopt?
That may not be an easy process, and will necessitate a change in the thinking process: moving from the means to an end. This requires couples to move away from the idea of having a biological child as the way to become parents to focusing on the end result; which is still being a parent, but by the use of a different means: by adoption.
- Have exhausted viable, medical options without success.
- No longer have the desire to pursue medical assistance.
- Feelings of relief when discontinuing or thinking about stopping attempts to conceive.
- The realization that actually being a parent is more important than how they became parents.
- Spending more time talking about adoption.
- Noticing more or seeking out adoptive families.
- The belief that God is calling them to adopt.