Getting Started: International Adoption
STEPS TO RUSSIAN ADOPTION- Beacon House Adoption Services
- Submit online application to Beacon House; application fees can even be paid via Paypal!
- Beacon House reviews application to assure eligibility
- Contract for adoption services sent to family via Federal Express
- Family submits contract to agency with initial fees.
- Case manager assigned to family; family provided with link to educational pre-adoptive classes [cost included in fees!]
- Beacon House or local home study agency begins home study process.
- Home study approved by Beacon House staff [Beacon House works closely with home study agencies]
- Home study and pre-adoptive education completed; family files for approval with USCIS (immigration).
- Preliminary documents completed by case manager and family; documents authenticated.
- Documents submitted for translation, authentication and registration.
- Family participates in Waiting Family programs through Beacon House.
- Beacon House notified that child is available.
- Family contacts International Adoption physician, arranges to have physician available while in country.
- Family requested to travel.
- Family makes first trip, obtains official referral family meets their child!
- Upon family's return, court dossier completed with assistance of case manager.
- Court dossier submitted.
- Release letter received in region from Moscow; Court date set.
- Second trip for court. Waiting period after court for decree to be effective is 30 days. Family returns home.
- At the end of the waiting period, in country requirements are:
- Apply for new birth certificate (in region)
- Apply for child’s passport (passport)
- Apply for child’s immigrant visa (Moscow BH personnel provide all necessary travel and services for completion.)
- Obtain Consulate registration at Russian Consulate in Moscow.
Home with your Child!