When is professional help necessary for your baby?
“If you are concerned about your baby’s physical or emotional development, see a developmental pediatrician or other knowledgeable therapist.” Adoptive Families has published the following “signs that you should seek guidance” for your baby if he or she is/has:
- Overly independent or overly compliant; lack of eye contact
- Comprehension but no language development
- Delayed crawling or walking
- Sudden regression, after normal development
- Unusual sensitivity to outside stimuli, like loud noises or “itchy” clothing
- Difficulty sucking or chewing; unwillingness to feed self